Monday, December 28, 2015

transferred to Roswell, NM

 So it's transfer time again and guess what. I'm leaving Borger and going to be a zone leader in Roswell. I'm sad to be leaving Borger, but serving in the land of the aliens will be great too. Because of winter storm "Goliath" transfers are most likely going to be delayed at least a day or two. We didn't get it as bad in our zone as a lot of the mission did. We only got about 4-5 inches of snow, but the snow drifts the wind caused were up to 3 feet in some spots. It's crazy how everything completely shuts down in Texas when there's snow. Since church was even cancelled, on Sunday we borrowed some snow shovels from a member and went around shoveling people's driveways. I'll send some pictures of us in the snow.

 
On Christmas after we skyped we went to one of the parks here that has a frolf (frisbee golf) course. It was probably one of the most epic courses I've ever seen. We were throwing our frisbees from the tops of cliffs, over ravines, through and around trees, and trying to avoid the swampy little stream that went trough the whole course. Of course I got my frisbee stuck in a couple cacti, down in a ravine, and in the stream a couple times (I have the worst luck with frisbee golf). 

I'm not sure if I told you when we talked on Christmas, but on Christmas Eve some investigators of ours invited us to their church's (Grace Fellowship, which is probably the biggest non-denominational church in Borger) Christmas Eve program. We sang a lot of songs there. Most of them were ones we'd sing at church around Christmastime, but also some like "You're a Mean One Mister Grinch" and "Happy Birthday Jesus". Elder May compared it to the feel of a pep assembly. Going there really gave me an appreciation for the environment and amazing opportunity we have at church each Sunday as we participate in the ordinance of the sacrament. Our services may not be as entertaining, but if you understand the significance of why we do what we do, it means so much more.

I think that's about it. Hopefully next time I email it will be from Roswell, but we'll see with the weather. I love you all and hope yall remember the importance of Christ and His birth, life, and death every day.

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment