Monday, January 11, 2016

Exchanges and MLC

It's been a pretty crazy week. I feel like I haven't worked in my area much at all so far since I've been here. After p-day was over we got to go have family home evening with a family in the ward, which was great. Then on Tuesday we had district meeting in Carlsbad and I stayed there on exchanges with Elder Farley and elder Cortez. Wednesday when we exchanged back we did some service for a member moving stuff around in his motorcycle shop he owns. Right after that we headed to Lubbock to go on exchanges with the APs. They serve in the YSA Ward in Lubbock but don't get to proselyte a ton because they have a lot of other duties as APs. So we did a lot of knocking in the student housing and we actually got in to teach these two girls. Teaching people your own age is a little weird at first, but they're still people too and definitely need the gospel. Then we had MLC on Friday and on Saturday I was finally able to have a full day of proselyting in my area. We even got two new investigators!

At MLC our mission vehicle coordinator, Elder Heppler, and President Heap really emphasized not going over our mileage allotments. When we got back to Roswell, we looked at our zone's miles and they had been assigned about 5000 miles over what we were supposed to have, so we had to cut a lot of miles back from every area in our zone with a car. There were a lot of complaints about this, but I learned something during my studies after dealing with all of that. After reading 2 Nephi 26:8-9, my testimony really grew about following the prophet and our church leaders. Even though there might be persecutions or we might have to make sacrifices (by biking more), we will know Christ so much more because of our obedience, we will have more abundant peace, and we will see these blessings not only in our own lives, but in our families as well.
I love you all! Have a fantastic week and strive to listen to what the Spirit instructs that you can be more obedient in.
Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment