Monday, March 23, 2015

Agency

I feel like not a lot happened this week. We've done quite a bit of just trying to contact potentials and morning finding this week. We did meet with the O family (who came up to us in the van) and set baptism dates with the parents for April 11! I'm so excited for them. It's long past due that they are able to do this.

We also had a conference call for the entire mission yesterday and found out that we no longer have to report numbers in this mission (At least to our mission leaders. Of course we still have to report them to Salt Lake). Pres Heap feels like we're focused too much on the numbers to keep our DLs and ZLs off our backs rather than focused on the people in our area. I think It's really neat how Pres Heap is giving us so much freedom. We're just accountable to the Lord now, like we will be for the rest of our lives. But I think some missionaries might get lazy because of the lack of somebody breathing down their neck. I hope that's not the case. 

I hope everything is going well for y'all back home! I've been learning a lot about agency lately and how the way we grow is by exercising our agency. We can't just do what we're told, but we must always be doing good of our own free will. So keep doing good in the world and do good things for the right reason!

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment