Monday, March 2, 2015

Focus on the temple

So we didn't have a baptism this week, but no worries! We'll have one on the 7th!! We had to move it back a week, which was probably for the best because that would have made our week miserably hectic. Everything's pretty much ready for it now, though, except she just needs to have her interview with our mission pres. Everything will go great with that, though. I'm so excited for next Saturday!!! We get our transfer calls that night, too, btw.

The weather has been crazy here lately. We had another day yesterday where we weren't allowed to drive or bike so we did a lot of walking. Church was even cancelled for our entire stake (maybe even Lubbock North stake, but I'm not sure). I wasn't very happy about that when I found out. Back home I'd be pumped I could sleep in, but it's very different as a missionary.



I went on exchanges this week with Elder Young (the red-head in the pictures) and his area has the temple in it. He also works out hardcore and so it was a pretty intense exchange. We did some workouts at 5:30 and then ran to the stake center (right next to the temple) for morning sports with the other missionaries. I was dying on the way there(especially since he ran cross-country), but then we turned down a street and there was the temple right in front of us. That's some pretty good motivation to keep going! It reminded me of at stake conference (I'm not sure if I already told you this) our stake president was talking about how a lot of the time we focus on the wrong things. We tell the youth in the church, "You need to prepare to go on a mission!" when really we should be focusing more on the temple. Focus the youth on being worthy to go to the temple rather than serving a mission. Missions are great experiences and I'd recommend it to anyone, but it's not vital. The temple should be the real goal! Nothing can replace what you learn/feel there. Always remember that.
Lubbock Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment