Monday, July 6, 2015

The Atonement covers EVERYTHING!

So we are officially completely moved into our trailer!!! On Tuesday (our last day in our Midland apartment) we spent pretty much all day moving stuff into our trailer (including our new fridge!) and cleaning the apartment very thoroughly. It's not bad living in the trailer, I kind of enjoy it, but what isn't too fun is sleeping in my little cubby in the wall. The AC doesn't get to it too well so I just put a fan at the opening at night and whenever I move around I usually bump something (my head, elbow, butt, or knee) into the side. Showers in the morning are really cold too. But that means I use less water in the mornings, though, which is good. Elder Hanson seems to be immune to the cold water, which I'm impressed with. But he's always freezing at night while I'm burning up, which I don't really get... 

The 4th of July was pretty fun, but it always kind of sucks being isolated from other missionaries in these small towns. We mostly just watched Mormon Messages (after 6, when we were supposed to be in) but we also got to go help give a blessing to a less active member (which ended up being really spiritual because we were fasting too).

On Wednesday, after district meeting I got to go on my first exchange as a district leader (that wasn't with the ZLs). I was in Big Spring with my MTC comp, Elder Thornton. It was really fun being there. I even got to hold a couple pythons. But it's hard sometimes being responsible for these missionaries when they're going through hard times. I feel like I never know what to do to help them be happier and/or be better missionaries. All I can do is try and turn them to the Savior because His Atonement covers everything. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. But we just have to do those things that will allow it to work in our lives.  

I've been very impressed this week with how simple the gospel really is. Everything turns back to Christ(2 Nephi 25:26) and remembering/coming closer to Him. That's why the sacrament is so important as well as the BoM. We will receive answers to prayer, increased faith, and guidance, as well as many other blessings as we feast upon the words in the BoM daily. I hope y'all will continue to keep building your faith by learning from and living the teachings in the BoM. I love all of you and hope y'all stay safe and keep having fun.

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment