Monday, July 27, 2015

God answers prayers

So I guess I should probably explain a couple of those pictures, huh? The one where I'm holding something, it's a horny toad we found outside a recent convert's house. They're all over the place here. We've seen a couple tarantulas lately as well, but haven't caught any of those yet. The one where I'm holding some wood, we took apart the bed frame in our trailer's "master bedroom" so our study room would be more roomy. It ended up being more difficult than we expected but once we got it up we got creative and turned it into a makeshift supply shelf as well. I'll have to send some pictures of it finished.
This week we had zone conference, which was really great. President Heap instructed us on how we need to teach like the Savior, who is the Master Teacher. It never ceases to amaze me how many different things we can learn from the scriptures and especially from what Jesus Christ did and said. One thing I learned in particular was how the only authority Christ taught by was that He received from the Father in contrast to how the scribes and others taught in those days by authority of others' words. I have been ordained of God and have His authority as well. It's a big responsibility but I'm so glad He qualifies who He calls.
One cool miracle this week happened on Tuesday. We were heading back from a lesson in Greenwood and when we got back to Stanton we didn't have much more time until we had to go in but we decided to go try one more person. We weren't actually 100% sure which house he lived at so we knocked a couple and the second we tried this lady answered who seemed super happy to see us. It ended up that she had been praying on the way home to know if she was going down the right path and for some direction from God and then right after she got home, the Mormon missionaries showed up on their doorstep for the first time in the 8 years they've lived in that house.
I know God answers prayers and knows us each individually and loves us too. I love y'all too and hope everything goes just superb for you this week.
Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment