Wednesday, June 1, 2016

One step at a time.




 
It's been a long week and it feels like a lot has happened, but no t very much at the same time. I guess that's how my entire mission's felt so far, but I'm still not used to it, haha. We had zone training in San Angelo this week and exchanges with the ZLs before hand so we were in San Angelo from Monday night to most of the way through Wednesday. I feel so isolated in Comanche that it's always weird going to San Angelo, which seems so huge to me now. I'll probably die back in Utah because it will seem so big and busy.

We had a really neat lesson with our investigator B this week that went along great with what we learned at zone training about "The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion". We went over and right off the bat she was asking questions about concerns she had about Joseph Smith and such. But that's not what she needed to hear apparently. The Spirit led us to just focus on praying about the Book of Mormon and about what the BoM is. The Spirit was strong and it definitely seemed to help her a lot even thought we didn't directly answer any of her initial questions. It just goes to show how God knows us each individually and knows exactly what we need even though we might not.

I want to share a quote Pres. Heap shared with us last week from Pres. Monson. "In the search for our best selves, several questions will guide our thinking: Am I what I want to be? Am I closer to the Savior today than I was yesterday? Will I be closer yet tomorrow? Do I have the courage to change for the better?" I know as we strive to be more Christ-like, God will help us and strengthen us, but don't get too wrapped up in what we can improve on. Satan tries to flood us with those thoughts and so we lose focus on the one thing God is trying to help us achieve. One step at a time is how I believe God works at making us perfect.

Love,
Elder Carlson

P.S. I don't think I told y'all that Elder Felts and I saw fire-flies last week for the first time in our lives! Now we've seen them almost every day since and they are so cool!! There's been a ton of rain (we just got back today from Brownwood, where it's flooding a bunch), which is probably part of the reason there's so many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment