Friday, June 24, 2016

Final week!!

Well, I could probably just tell you everything that happened this week when I get home, but I'll at least tell you a little bit. We were blessed to be able to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with H this week. The Dallas temple is a beautiful building (even though the traffic to get to it was kind of nuts). It was such a refresher to be in the House of the Lord again and H said it was a wonderful experience. I hope he continues to get opportunities to go often.

We participated this week in the Community Rehab Project that they have annually here in Comanche. We were placed with a group of other Christian youth and a youth pastor and we all worked on fixing up a house in De Leon (one of our out-lying towns). It was a lot of fun to work and feel the spirit with them. From this experience, my testimony was strengthened of what Sis. Oscarson said this last conference: "this Church is more than just a good place to go on Sundays and learn how to be a good person. It is more than just a lovely Christian social club where we can associate with people of good moral standing. It is not just a great set of ideas that parents can teach their children at home so they will be responsible, nice people. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is infinitely more than all of these things." They were great kids and we learned truth together, but as we participate in priesthood ordinances, the power of godliness is felt to such a higher degree.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I love His church. I love the work I've been engaged in these two years and I will miss being a full-time teacher. I do know, though, that the work of saving souls will be wherever I go in the world and I can continue to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord every day.

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment