Monday, February 16, 2015

Seek revelation


Yesterday was pretty eventful.  C and J came to church again (only for the last two hours, though)! And Elder Evans had to give a talk. This less active member we've been working with came to church! And we found out he's gone the last two weeks as well just to a different ward!!! We were super excited! Not too much happened for the rest of the day, though because Evans wasn't feeling good so we just went back to the apartment so he could rest before our appointments we had to go to that night. He's feeling a lot better today, though, luckily. 

Oh, and we got new investigators this week I'd like to tell you about. We've been meeting with them for a while but we just haven't counted them as investigators until now. We knocked into them (I may have told you about them) and they were so friendly at first we thought they might be members we just hadn't met, haha.  They are super active in their church but love meeting with us. I still don't know why they let us in in the first place, but they just said they wanted to learn more because they didn't know much about our church. It's amazing how the Lord works because before now they used to avoid Mormon missionaries like the plague. Now C is reading the Book of Mormon and they ask us all sorts of questions, hungry to learn.

Oh, and here's a picture of me and Evans. It's not the best, but it's the only one I've got so far.
 
We are super close with C to setting a baptismal date with her! We brought it up with her and she didn't freak out as much as we thought, but she didn't want to set one because she says she's still not sure.  She's progressed so much! It's amazing how much of an impact going to church has on people. 

This Sunday we had ward conference and it was really good. One thing that stuck out to me was our stake president said, "don't run on old revelation". We need to continually get new revelation every week and even every day. If we always have a prayer in our heart and keep our hearts open to revelation we can be guided by the Holy Ghost even more. I have been thinking a lot about how to be a better missionary and during ward council yesterday I got an answer that I need to focus on asking better/more questions while teaching. The more I get the "learner" participating and show them how to find their own answers the more converted they will be able to become and they don't have to be spiritually dependent on me. 

During zone conference this week we talked about the Holy Ghost and how he communicates with us. There are so many different ways we can receive revelation and it's cool to think how even our "conscience" is a form of revelation. A lot of the time I think we focus more on the revelation that's like hearing a voice or someone says exactly what you need to hear, when it's much more common that God will give us revelation through our common sense and just things seeming right to us. I'm not sure if I worded what I wanted to say there right, but it makes sense in my head. I just don't know how to say it.

Anyway, that was my week. Oh, and signing up at the hospital as clergy this week went good. We haven't really done anything with it yet. I guess they're just supposed to give us a call if we're needed, but I'm not really sure how this works. We have sweet official badges, though, haha! I love you all and hope y'all will continue to seek to build your faith every day and search for revelation to guide your everyday actions so you can continue on the path toward eternal life!

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment