Monday, September 15, 2014

Not a greenie anymore!

This has been kind of a slow week. It's actually been pretty cold here recently, too. I think Texas just chooses to skip over fall and go straight from summer to winter. It would be perfect temperature if it weren't for the wind and riding on our bikes just makes the wind seem stronger and colder. Friday we got a ton of flash flood warnings. We pretty much ignored them and went to our investigator's house for breakfast and payed the price by getting soaked on the way back. That day wasn't very fun because we were told to stay inside unless we had a set appointment because the weather was so bad. We tried to go to the post office, but the street we usually go down to get there had literally turned into a river. We had to get creative with our pedaling to try and avoid soaking our shoes again.
We had Stake Conference this week and it was awesome! We only got to see the meeting on Sunday because it was in Lubbock and they only broadcasted that meeting. It was a huge meeting because they were splitting the Lubbock and Roswell stakes into three stakes!!! It's super exciting and Elder Teh from the quorum of the seventy, who spoke at last conference, by the way, came to preside. It was fantastic and Elder Teh pretty much threw down on temple attendance. I hope y'all realize what a blessing the temples are and we are so blessed to have one so close (especially for everyone in Utah). I've been missing seeing temples so often and especially miss going to them. I hope the members got the message here and we're able to go there with them soon.

I'm not sure if I told you about the B family. The family that moved here from Utah introduced us to them at dinner last week. We were able to have a lesson with them yesterday and they are so solid! I'm so excited for them!! it's amazing to see how the Lord prepares people. They were telling us how they were raised thinking that Mormons were insane and to avoid us at all cost but how different things just in the past year have made it possible for them to be able to be more open to hearing the gospel now.
Oh, and I'm officially not a greenie anymore! We're done with the 12 week training program and so today is the first day I'm not in training. It's weird because last week was a seven week transfer instead of the usual six week ones, so I get a week of this transfer not being a greenie, haha. We get transfer calls next week and I'm pretty sure I'll probably be transfered because I just got done with training. I want to leave, but don't at the same time. If I do, I'm going to miss the people here a lot. I love you all and hope y'all always remember what a blessing this gospel is and feel that desire to share it with others.
-Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment